There is a better way than the #warringahmotion #nswlibs #auspol #nswpol #pmlive

As a supporter for direct democracy and a former member of the Liberal Party, I welcome the grassroots support of the Warringah motion to allow all party members a say in the preselection process. It is humbling to see Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian also getting behind the Warringah motion given their previous allegiances to the so called moderates. One must understand, however, that this victory is just a smoke screen to the bigger woes of the Liberal Party.

The Futures Convention which was held at Rosehill on 22nd and 23rd July 2017 allowed grassroots members a vote on a motion which will democratise the Party. The problem with this convention is that any motion passed is not binding, meaning that the Party’s governing body – State Council and the State Executive – can reject this move. According to news reports 748 people voted yes for the Warringah motion compared to 476 who voted no. That is approximately 61% of people who want party reform the other 39% either don’t want it or want a watered down version. It is still staggering that 39% of people within the Liberal Party do not believe in democratic reform, this figure is alarming and the right who wanted democratic reform should not be cheering just yet.

It is to my understanding that factions that are not controlled by the right, control the State Council and have a majority on the State Executive. If you have control of a governing political party you would do everything you can to hold onto that power. This is why I fail to see any resolve in this issue. When it comes to the crunch in a couple of months time at a State Council meeting you can better your bottom dollar that the Warringah motion will either be rejected or amended to suit the powers to be. If this happens, some on the right are championing the thought of the Federal Executive to intervene. If the Federal Executive of the Liberal Party decides to intervene then this whole process will be drawn out. If anyone knows anything about the internal workings of the Liberal Party or any political party for that matter things don’t happen overnight.

Meanwhile in the real world, hard working Australians are being taxed through their nose and cost of living is rising; taxpayers money is being wasted on useless government programs; we see the rise and rise of green and red tape on businesses in Australia; we see a rising threat of radical islam and immigration spiralling out of control, all this under an alleged conservative Liberal Government. As mentioned previously the issue of democratising the Liberal Party is good but the problem within the Liberal Party goes beyond Party reform. It goes right down into the depths of what does the Liberal Party really stand for? Whilst the Liberals are playing politics we have a group of Conservatives that have joined together to work on the issues that hold dear to most Australians. The Australian Conservatives.

I would urge all those within the NSW Liberal Party who want democratic reform to make a wise decision to join the Australian Conservatives. The NSW Liberal Party will never embrace party reform and if they do then you still have to deal with lefties from other states. Stop wasting your time and join a new political revolution. There is a better way.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s